Staying with the SEO supremacy fight, post Panda and Penguin can be disheartening at times. Seeing your page ranking slip or waiting for things to improve can make your SEO campaign feel about as dynamic as watching a cake rise. But SEO success can be enhanced through the phenomenal power of social media, and one of the fastest growing of these in LinkedIn. Such is their growing popularity in fact, that they have recently announced plans to float their shares – expected to raise a massive one billion dollars for the company.
So here’s a few FAQS about LinkedIn and how to make it work for your business.
• A new user joins LinkedIn every two seconds (https://exploreb2b.com/articles/the-3-big-giants-of-social-media)
• 41% of businesses have found LinkedIn to be an effective marketing tool (http://blog.linkedin.com)
• 2 million Groups have been created on LinkedIn for industry discussions (http://www.searchenginejournal.com/social-stereotypes/52297/)
• Set up a LinkedIn page and start networking and building connections.
• Join groups and post industry related news and articles. Take part in discussions.
• Link stories back to your blog or website
• Get employees to set up a LinkedIn profile and have them connect with others
• Use your keyword phrases in your company profile
• Use the ‘Targeted Options’ tool to specify a target market for your posts
• Use the LinkedIn Answers tool to answer user questions – establishing your authority and promoting your business
• Make sure ‘Share’ buttons are available
LinkedIn is especially effective for business to business marketing. So give it a go. You’ve got everything to gain and nothing to lose!